THE PASTORAL COUNCIL
The Pastoral Council is currently comprised of five individuals. The senior pastor, Tom Atchinson, is a cornerstone assuring the mission will always come first. The remaining five members are surrendered Christians in a mature walk with Christ. These members bring a diverse set of skills including financial management; in-depth knowledge of the EFCA; strategic planning, and organizational aptitude.
The Pastoral Council is constructed mindfully to guide us to where we want to be. They devote themselves to prayer and the ministry of the word to:
- Provide missional/visionary leadership in accordance with God’s will
- Assess and strengthen the spiritual health and shepherding of the church
- Protect Biblical truth
- Establish ministry, guide and empower staff, help others to carry them out
- Establish, manage, and oversee church finances
- Act as the administrator for policies, procedures, staff and conducting congregational meetings.